Monday, February 6, 2012

A Long Weekend...

Phew!  What a weekend!  I picked up an extra shift this weekend at work, so I worked three nights in a row, then got up early Sunday morning and worked the Super Bowl Brunch at work.  I'm beat!  Add to that the fact that my son is NOT adjusting to his toddler bed and is waking up at 6am every morning.  Ugh!  And since he's waking up so early, he's extremely tired and cranky during the day.  So I've dealt with some pretty serious tantrums this weekend too.  And then the Pats lost the Super Bowl.  Damn.

Needless to say, I was glad to see Monday roll around. 

Today's plans include some serious cleaning, some serious cooking, some serious bookkeeping, and some serious sitting lazily on my butt.  You can imagine which of these tasks are most likely to get accomplished....

But I'm starting with some serious blog work this morning.  It's been nearly a year since I started this blog, and I've been writing pretty diligently.  I really enjoy the little bit of nonpressured writing, and I also love hearing from friends and family how much they enjoy it.  Not really sure what they're enjoying, since I feel like most of the time I'm just sharing my exasperations over dealing with this family of mine, but I guess I've endeared myself to a few people.  As a reward for my hard work, I took a step to get some more readers to my blog; I applied to the blogher.com network to become an affiliated blog.  It's not a done deal, and since they have a huge waiting list of blogs it's rather unlikely that anything will come of it, but I thought that after a year of hard work, I might as well try to get a little more attention.  Blogher is a network of blogs by women and for women that cover a huge variety of topics.  They also feature lots of blogs too, so it would kinda be cool to see how they could help me.

Even if nothing comes of it, I'm still pleased that I was at least able to meet their basic posting requirements.

So now that the blogging is done for the day, I guess I should start on something else from my list....cleaning...or being lazy....hmmmmmmmm

No comments:

Post a Comment