Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Yup, Ben's Two

Yesterday was Ben's birthday.  I thought I would be all emotionally inspired to write a sappy blog post about how amazing my son is.  And while he is amazing, the overtired goober I dealt with yesterday wasn't exactly inspiring.

We switched him to a toddler bed Saturday night, and it was very successful....that night.  Monday night was a different story. I woke up at 12:30 to a knock on my door and a not so quiet "MAMA" being shouted from the other side.  I opened the door and there was my grinning two year old, who made a beeline for the bed.  I grabbed him, took him back to his room, but ultimately ended up sitting with him for nearly an hour before he was back to sleep in his little bed.

So you can imagine my delight when 20 minutes later I heard another knock at the door and a much quieter "mama" from the other side.  This time he wasn't so agreeable about going back to sleep in his little bed.  So with a little intervention from my husband, the switch was made back to the crib for the night, and after another 45 minutes of shushing and fussing he was finally asleep.  At 2:30.

Now you might assume that he would sleep late that morning, or at least until normal time.  And that might have been true.  But apparently a leaf blew too close to the house for comfort and the dogs broke out into hysterical barking.  At 7:00.  So that's when our day started.  Happy Birthday little dude.

And while I can't say he was horrible the whole day, he certainly wasn't as agreeable as usual.  And being a bit on the tired and grumpy side, I wasn't feeling inspired to write anything heartfelt or sappy.  And after a morning filled with non-stop temper tantrums, I'm still not feeling it today.

My son is amazing, and I'm so happy to watch him grow and learn and I can't wait to see what "Two" has in store for us.  But I'm not going to pretend he's been an angel for the last few days.  Maybe I'll feel inspired tomorrow....or not.

"But I don't want to eat homemade blueberry pancakes and a banana"


"I'm TWO"


It's a good thing he's cute....

No comments:

Post a Comment