Saturday, November 19, 2011

Book Time for Ben

Tonight Ben was in a reading mood, so we read a few books together.  It's not often that he will sit still long enough to get through a book, and even rarer to read three.  Usually he chooses the same books, over and over, but tonight he lugged over an oldie but goodie: Guess How Much I Love You by Sam McBratney illustrated by Anita Jeram.  We used to read this one a lot when he was a little baby, and wouldn't/couldn't wiggle away.

If you haven't read it, it's a sweet story of Little Nutbrown Hare and Big Nutbrown Hare getting ready for bed.  Little Nutbrown Hare is having a hard time expressing how much he loves Big Nutbrown Hare, but every time he finally puts it in words, Big Nutbrown Hare tells him how much more he loves him.  It's really sweet and I love the illustrations and the story.

Here's a little excerpt from one of my favorite pages:

'I love you as high as I can hop!' laughed Little Nutbrown Hare, bouncing up and down. 

'But I love you as high as I can hop,' smiled Big Nutbrown Hare-and he hopped so high that his ears touched the branches above. 

That's good hopping, thought Little Nutbrown Hare.  I wish I could hop that high.

It's such a sweet little story, and I loved that Ben sat still and let me read it to him.  I'm pretty sure he loves me to the moon, but, like Big Nutbrown Hare, I love him to the moon and back...

No comments:

Post a Comment