Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Pictures...

I am a touch self conscious.  I've never been a fan of having pictures done, I'm not usually happy with the way I look in them.  There have only been a few times where I've been happy with pictures.  My senior prom was one time, and my wedding (though even those I wouldn't say are super wonderful photos) another.  But somehow, last Thursday, the stars aligned, and I managed to have a good hair day, have on a pretty dress and had arranged to have pictures done of Ben.  I met Molly (who is the younger sister of my high school boyfriend, and whom I hadn't seen in ages) at the beach in Portland where she agreed to take a few photos of Ben for her portfolio.  And since I really don't have many pictures of Ben and I together (mommy tends to be behind the camera, not in front of it) I welcomed the opportunity to get a few shots in of Ben and I together.

The pictures she took were amazing.  She got several of Ben by himself, catching him playing, climbing and grinning.  The pictures of Ben and I together though, are something that I'm going to cherish forever.  She managed to capture us both looking happy and natural, not posing and phony.  They are awesome.  They came out better than I ever could have possibly imagined. 





So, thank you Molly, these mean the world to me.  I wish you the best of luck with your portfolio and your future career making other people feel as happy as I do.

2 comments:

  1. You're very welcome! I'm glad you're happy with the results :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. In my head before I even got to the sentence I said to myself "you looked amazing at Senior Prom" and then you said it :) The pictures are gorgeous of you and the little guy!

    ReplyDelete