Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Rainy Day for Reading

As is the norm for me, I've been doing a lot of reading.  As a result, I'm again looking for suggestions for summer reading.  I've been keeping myself occupied reading some of the discounted books on my Kindle that I can pick up for a few dollars.  Which means I've been reading a lot of "eh" books, and nothing really spectacular.  I did read Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet by Jamie Ford, which was really quite good, and a "Crimescape" piece on the serial killer H.H. Holmes (who was written about in The Devil in the White City by Erik Larson) which was interesting, but certainly not moving.  Right now I'm reading The Children's Book by A.S. Byatt, which was on a list of books recommended by Diana Gabaldon.  It's a really unique story, but at this point is still a bit slow, which is unfortunate because I borrowed it from the online library and I only have two days left to finish it.  Good thing it's raining today, because I think I have my work cut out for me.

Despite today's rain, it seems that spring and summer weather has finally started to arrive, which means mornings and afternoons spent outside playing with Ben.  And it means squeezing in a little reading in the sun between tossing balls, swinging and splashing in the pool.  Yippee!  Reading in the sun has to be one of my favorite things to do!  So while I'll suffer through some "reading inside while it rains" today, I'll keep my fingers crossed that tomorrow I can do a little "reading in the sun," assuming of course that the sun comes out, and that the webinar I have on my schedule tomorrow goes as planned, and I can get to the dump at some point, and that Ben agrees to leave me alone for a few minutes so I can read a page or two.  I guess I should be crossing fingers and toes....

No comments:

Post a Comment