Monday, May 28, 2012

The After!

If you recall, a few weeks ago I posted about redecorating my bathroom here.  It was supposed to be a quick little remodel that wouldn't cost us a lot of money.  Well...it took a bit longer than I wanted, and I spent a little more than I wanted, but the results are pretty AMAZING!!!  Let me show you:

Before:



After:


Before:


After:


Before:


After:



Before:



After:



I told you it was amazing!!!  I painted the walls a nice brown the color of melted chocolate ice cream and painted all the trim bright white.  I also spray painted the rusted heat vent cleaning it up a bit.  The floor was a pretty big project but looks really amazing!  I found a peel and stick linoleum tile square that you can grout between.  The tiles themselves were a very heavy duty linoleum, not the tiles you pick up for fifty cents at the dollar store.  Adding the grout makes it look and feel like we installed tile floors, but for considerably less money and less effort.  No tile saw required!  Don and I agree that it was worth the little extra money we had to spend, the floors really look amazing.

The changes to the vanity caused us the most problems, but again, were well worth it!  My mother was getting rid of a drawer section from her own bathroom vanity and it was a perfect fit for my bathroom.  With a coat of white paint to my existing vanity and her set of drawers, you can't tell that they don't belong together.  My stepfather is super amazing and built us a new counter top in his "spare" time.  (Thanks Rick!)  I picked up a new sink at the Habitat for Humanity Re-Store for $10 and now all assembled it looks just amazing.  We're still waiting on a back splash, so if you look at the picture closely you can see some paint gaps that will be hidden when the new back splash comes.  Rick was awesome to build that for us, and it has made a huge improvement to the bathroom!  We also bought a new light for over the sink, and everything else was just finishing touches!  Today I found some beautiful curtains that look amazing next to the new shower curtain and a few other doo-dads.

I still have a few odds and ends to finish up, but for the most part, the renovation is done!  And Don and I learned a few things about plumbing as a result.  Like how to get things to line up, and what to do when your toilet leaks all over the floor.  You know, fun things!

Can't wait to start our next project.....new flooring in my bedroom maybe??  Hmmmmm.....


No comments:

Post a Comment