Wednesday, June 27, 2012

My Garden Rocks!

I'm just going to take a little minute here and brag about how AMAZING my garden looks this year.  This year I started my own seeds in the house in the beginning of May.  I got them in the ground on Mother's Day, which is about a month ahead of last years schedule.  And I think it has made a HUGE difference!


Zucchini Blossoms!


Cucumbers, Zucchini and Herbs with a little baby lettuce in the way back


These are the tomatoes in the front with Strawberries, Green Beans and Peas in the background.



Blossoms on the Peas


Baby Green Beans!


These pictures were actually ones from last weekend, I've had a bunch of zucchini flowers and the cucumbers have had blossoms too.  The green beans will be big enough to start eating probably once the sun comes out again, and today I saw some peas on the vine big enough to eat too!  And it's not even July yet!!!

These plants are all doing awesome this year and I definitely learned my lesson about starting seeds very early!  If I'm lucky I might even get to plant a second run of a few things, like Beans and lettuce.  We'll see!


And here's a few shots of Ben and his cousin Summer playing in the lake last weekend:







Yay for warm weather!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment