Monday, July 30, 2012

And Out Goes July...

Man, I've been a lazy blogger this month.  Good thing I can blame it on the beautiful weather and all the fun things I've been doing this month!  Here are a few updates from the month of July:

Work:  This week will be the first week of what I hope is my permanent schedule. Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday in Portland at my new job, and then Thursday and Saturday nights at the Restaurant.  I'm really looking forward to this change as it puts me home with my little guy all day Thursdays-Sundays.  The chopped up schedule we were doing wasn't working.  And while this does mean that I will now be working about 36 hours a week, I can't tell you how happy I am that I can still be home with my little guy four days a week.  Not sure I could get a better arrangement if I tried.

School:  I bought a backpack.  That's right a new backpack.  I'm ready to go.  Well, once I buy a gazillion dollars worth of books.  Blah!  Must they be so expensive??  I got my bill for the semester and after my loans are applied I only owe the school $23.  Not too shabby.  I'm really excited to get back to school, but pretty terrified at the prospect of working 36 hours and being a full time student...and a full time mom!  Worse case scenario I'll just back off a bit at one of my jobs, but hopefully getting back into school will be like riding a bike and things will be easier than I'm expecting.  Fingers and toes are crossed.

Pets:  Well, we are still missing Scout the cat.  She's been gone well over two weeks now, and I'm not very optimistic.  She was a wonderful cat and I really hope she makes her way back here, but I'm beginning to think it's rather unlikely.  The other cat, Leonard, seems to be adjusting well; Scout was a bit of a pig so Leonard has been kind of amazed at the amount of food he's able to eat without Scout devouring every bite before he can get a mouthful.  He'll be tubby before I know it!  And, perhaps the best news of the month, a good friend of mine saw Ivy at a local pet store and stopped to talk to her new owner.  I can't believe how fortunate I am that I'm able to get a follow up report on her adoption!  Her new home is with an older lady, so there won't be any kids around, who is a volunteer at AWS.  She fell in love with Ivy while she was at the shelter and brought her home.  Ivy was very well behaved with this new owner and I am so relieved to know that she will be well taken care of.  And yes, I will probably be poking my head in at this local pet shop every now and again on the off chance that she is there on a shopping spree. :)

Ben:  I have the best kid ever.  Seriously.  He's amazing.  He's smart and friendly and talkative and becoming quite the little comedian.  It has been amazing to watch his imagination take off!  A few days ago, while playing on my bed, he told me that there were sharks coming.  Apparently, these sharks were going to get Papa's boat (my dad has a lobster boat) and he needed to save Papa.  He proudly announced that he had caught two sharks and that Papa was ok now.  How awesome is that!  He's been a trooper with me going back to work, and while I know he loves the extra time he has been spending with his grandmother and with Ms. Holly, I also notice how much more he enjoys our days together at home.  What used to be regular days have become Mom and Ben special days, and I think we are both loving it.

August:  Is going to rock.  It's going to kick off with MUMFORD & SONS in Portland followed by THE DROPKICK MURPHYS!  Yahoooo!  I'm so excited for this once in a lifetime event!  Seriously, they are only doing 4 of these shows in the US.  And I'm going to one!  Then it's our 7 Year Wedding Anniversary!  (The Copper or Wool Anniversary.  Phew.  Pretty romantic if you ask me.)  After that a birthday party for a friend of mine who is turning....well, I'm not going to say...she might read this...  :)  And after that.....MY SISTER COMES HOME!!!!  I haven't seen her in a year and a half.  I'm SO EXCITED to see her.  SO EXCITED.  Like jumping up and down excited.  We've got a bunch of stuff to do while she's home, but she has made a point to schedule a lot of time with Ben and I and I am so excited for her to get to know him and for him to get to know her.  Yay for family time.  Like I said...August is going to ROCK!

And that is my update Blog!  Phew!  I need to keep up with my blog so I don't have to do this all at once!

No comments:

Post a Comment