Friday, August 17, 2012

Little Sis is home!

It has been a very busy couple of days.  Well, busy week, really.  I could probably write a bazillion things about everyone I have seen and the fun I've had, but I'm tired.  Like I said, it's been really busy!

So instead, I'll just say this:

My sister is home.  I haven't seen her in a year and a half.  When she called to tell me she was engaged I was so excited for her.  When someone asked me if that meant I would be picking out a bridesmaid's dress, I was stumped.  I love my sister, and I know she loves me, but we're not close in a cuddly, talk on the phone for hours, share every detail of our day, kind of way.  We're just not.  So I wasn't sure she'd want me in the wedding.  She has friends, lots of close friends, and while she was in my wedding, I didn't want to just assume that I would be included in hers.

Instead of asking me to be in her wedding, she told me point blank that I'd better start working on my speech, because Mark's brother is making one and I have to make one too, and since I'm in the wedding, I'd better be prepared.

Which made me very, very happy.  And just a little bit pissed with Mark for wanting to have a wedding with speeches.  (Public speaking?  Yuck.  Mark you suck.)

So it's been really great seeing my sister, and while we still aren't huggy-cuddly-talk on the phone all day-sisters, I'm still having a great time talking with her, watching her play with my son and just having her around.

So while I might be flying to Utah to make a speech at her wedding against my will, I will be doing it in a bridesmaid's dress, and I'm pretty excited about that!

No comments:

Post a Comment