Thursday, August 30, 2012

Yessssss!!!!!

In the last week my kid has totally figured out this "potty" thing.  I'm very excited.  Today he went the entire day in underpants without a single accident.  Sure we may have had to sit on the potty every ten minutes with "false" alarms, but we have made some pretty serious progress from pooping on the floor last weekend.

Yeah, that's right.  Poop.  On the floor.  Gross.

This morning he woke me up, with a dry diaper might I add, so he could pee on the potty.  He then proceeded to make it to the potty every time he had to go.  He even woke up from his nap with a dry diaper.  Yeeeesssssss!!!!!

I am so ready to be done with diapers!  And I know, one day doesn't mean he's potty trained, but it is definitely a good sign!  So good, that I ordered him a new train for his train set if he can keep this up through the weekend.  (Talking Spencer!  "Bust my buffers"!!!)  I'm so proud of him!

So how did I do it?  Bribery.  M&Ms every time he goes on the potty.  He's having so much fun deciding which color he gets each time.  The only problem is that I'm pretty sure he doesn't pee this often when he's wearing a diaper...he might have already discovered how to manipulate me for candy...

Oh well.  I didn't have to change any diapers today, so I'm kind of ok with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment