Thursday, October 18, 2012

How Did the Dog Turn on the Shower?

Today hasn't been a stellar day.  Ben woke up too early and didn't feel like going back to sleep so laid in his bed yelling MOM until I came in and unearthed his special blankie from beneath the covers.   Five minutes after that, he had to pee.  I gave up on getting him to go back to bed and hauled him in bed with me to snuggle and watch cartoons.  Well, he snuggled and watched cartoons.  I passed out and felt like a horrible person when I woke up later to realize that I had been ignoring my kid.  Oops.

After an argument over underpants with the little guy I made the amateur mommy mistake of letting him go commando under his jammies since he'd already pooped.

You know where this is going.  He pooped.  And I had to clean to floor.  And the kid.  And the jammies.  Damn it.

After successfully completing the large list of chores I had lined up for the morning, Ben and I celebrated with a picnic lunch.  It was PB&J in the middle of the driveway, not exactly glamorous, but it was so nice out!

After lunch I dragged Ben in the house, up the stairs and to his room where I had to wrestle with him to get a diaper on so he could take a nap.  He didn't seem to think he needed a nap.  He was wrong and I'm bigger, so I won.

While wrestling him back into his pants I heard a strange noise.  How did the dog turn on the shower? I thought to myself.  FYI: Dogs can't turn on showers.  They can sound like a shower as they pee while walking down the (carpeted) stairs, through the dining room to the front door. 

Who doesn't love a urine trail?

So I kissed my kid, stuffed him in his bed and used half a roll of paper towels to soak up what must have been 5 gallons of dog urine from the carpeting on the stairs and the rest of the trail leading to the front door.

Like I said, it hasn't been a stellar day.

No comments:

Post a Comment