Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Just A Quiet Wednesday...

Don and Marcus have gone camping for a few days, which leaves Ben and I home alone.  And I have zero plans and nothing major to do.  Ahhhhhh, relaxing.  I decided that maybe I would finally start writing some fiction.

Easier said than done.  I got one page written and it was like pulling teeth.  I'm not even happy with the results.  Bleck.  I decided I'd better take a break.  So I read for a few minutes.  Which then began to irritate me because the book I REALLY want to be reading right now is on the hold shelf at the Portland Library, where I have been forbidden to go.  (Something about a ridiculous waste of gas to go to Portland for one stupid book.)  So I figured if I can't write fiction right now, maybe I could do a little blogging. 

I've been thinking for a long time that I need to join a bookclub.  But I'm not sure where I could find one.  I also know that I'm painfully shy around strangers so I don't think I would contribute much to a group of people I don't know.  In my mind I've been trying to devise a way to make a facebook bookclub.  I'm about 99.9% positive that I could do it.  My question is...who would join it?  So, if anyone out there reading my blog might be interesting in reading books and discussing them with me online, (I promise I wouldn't make you read at the same pace I do, and I promise they would be books easily available at the library or in paperback) please let me know.  If I could get a small group together to try it, I think it might be fun.  And it would give me a nice little hobby to justify my current hobby of reading too damn much....

No comments:

Post a Comment