Thursday, August 4, 2011

That Bug is Stalking Me.

Last night, while sitting on the couch reading, of course, I heard perhaps the loudest most obnoxious bug noise ever.  It didn't even seem natural.  When I leaned over to ask my husband if it was really indeed a bug, or a malfunction in the television, I noticed he had fallen asleep.  Which of course distracted me as I laughed at him and pestered him to go to bed.

At 1:30 in the morning I woke up hearing that bug again.  Outside my upstairs bedroom window.  Annoyed, I rolled over, buried my head in the pillow and thought, "well, it's a good thing it can't get in the bedroom."

At 4:30 I woke up to the damn bug IN my bedroom making the loudest most ridiculous bug noises ever.  Which, of course, my husband was sleeping through.  Wide awake, I began staring at the walls waiting for the bug to make an appearance.  Which it did.  Much to my husbands surprise, I flicked on the lights and slammed a shoe at it.  I do not think I killed it, but it would appear I maimed it enough to shut it up for the night.  With luck it perished during the day and I don't have to hunt it down tonight in the middle of the night.  And no, clearly I don't have sympathy for insects.  Gross.

What was it you ask??  Well it was dark, but it appeared to look something like this.  A giant mutant LOUD grasshopper.  Ewwwww

No comments:

Post a Comment