Wednesday, December 28, 2011

A Belated Christmas Blog

Oh dear.  I think this is the longest I have ever gone without blogging.  And while I'd like to say it was because I was soooo busy with the holidays, that's not exactly true.  I'm addicted to my Kindle.  That's the truth.  And because I'm so technologically impaired, I can't bring myself to type out a blog on the tiny little touch screen keypad.  So I've been putting it off.

But I'm back, and I'm determined to post more, and force myself to use this stupid old laptop.

So, we had a nice Christmas.  As expected, my son was spoiled rotten.  It took HOURS for him to open all his gifts, since he wanted to play with each one.  The rest of the family had a nice time as well, we had a nice breakfast together and spent the afternoon cleaning up and playing with Ben and his gazillion new toys.

One of my favorite things about Christmas is the next morning when I get up and get to use all my new Christmas lotions, creams, soaps, makeup and clothes.  This year I noticed there was a bit more wrinkle cream thrown in the mix, but I suppose since I'm getting dangerously close to 30 I ought to start fighting back.  So I felt pretty good about myself that afternoon after a nice hot shower and layers of nice smelling lotions.  Until I went to put Ben down for a nap.  He started sniffing me and looked at me and said "Pew Mumma, that yucky."  Apparently wrinkle cream does not smell appealing to an almost-two-year-old.  (And yes, he says pew like church pew, not p-u.)

Now that things have calmed down a bit, and I've managed to pull myself away from my Kindle, I'm planning on spending the rest of the week making numerous trips to the dump with boxes and the crumpled up wrapping paper, and I'm going to put away the rest of the decorations and (hopefully) take down the outside lights while we have a little break in the weather.  (The Christmas tree got an early boot due to the overwhelming amount of Christmas toys the little dude received.)  While January should be a nice quiet month, I have a feeling things will be a bit hectic with four family birthdays to be celebrated (one of them being Ben's birthday number 2) and a slew of bookkeeping work to be done prior to tax season.  And, of course there's my Kindle addiction to contend with, and my New Year's resolutions I intend to make.  Yup, January looks like it's gonna be a busy one.  Bring it on 2012!

Spiderman Ball Pit was a huge success (and a great conductor of static electricity)


As was the new BBQ grill and accessories!

No comments:

Post a Comment