Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Some Updating...

Is it REALLY March?  Seriously?  I'm pretty sure this is late May weather....and really nice late May weather at that.  What on earth is it doing here in MARCH???

Yesterday my pant less child was playing outside without shoes on while I cooked dinner on the grill.  IN MARCH!!!!  Amazing!!!

Aside from this absolutely beautiful weather streak, things in my life have been pretty uneventful since the good old name change.  I've been spring cleaning, a little, doing yard work, a little, and reading on my kindle, a lot.  I've also been working a lot lately, which has been fun, and a bit tiring.  (I have NEVER seen anything like St. Patty's day at the bar.  Holy cow!  Wall to wall people and I was literally SHOVING people out of the way to get drinks to my table.)

Since I have now signed up for one lunch shift a week a work, I've decided to put Ben in a daycare.  He starts next week and I'm very excited to get him over there.  It will just be one day a week, and the lady that is running it has a son his age, so there will be an automatic playmate for him.  I'm very excited that he's going to be able to play with someone else his age and I think he is going to be sooooo excited once he gets there!

Since this blog seems to be headed in a rambling update direction, I might as well note that I've been doing a lot of reading lately and have been enjoying some really great books.  I finished Gettysburg and was pleasantly surprised.  It took me a long time to get through, since it was a little dry, but it was overall pretty good, and I'm looking forward to reading the next books in the series.  After Gettysburg I scored a deal on Fight Club by Chuck Palahniuk for my kindle.  It was AMAZING.  It's been a long time since I've read anything gritty and rough like that and I LOVED it.  After that I read a few murder mysteries by Julie Spencer-Fleming that were pretty decent, and now the copy of Out of Oz by Gregory Maguire I reserved through the online library is available and I'm diving into that.  Is there anything better than sitting in the sun and reading?  I really don't think so.

No comments:

Post a Comment