Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Dirty Dishes Are Ruining My Life


I've been feeling a bit overwhelmed lately. Or perhaps it's really the feeling that expectations of me are a bit too high. It gets to be a bit tiring when you find yourself waking up every morning to the same dirty dishes, the same junk strewn about the living room floor, the bathroom I'd like to clean, but can't ever seem to get done and work piling up in an insurmountable heap. Am I really the only one here that can see all this stuff that needs to get done? I find it hard to believe.


I could ask for help, and I do, sometimes. But I often find myself asking repeatedly, or pleading, or (God forbid) nagging before anyone will listen. It's frustrating and easier to just do it myself.


Add to that the ever increasing workload that I am taking on with my bookkeeping job. I'm in way over my head with this, since I am not actually a bookkeeper, merely learning as I go thanks to a boss willing to let me learn and make some money at the same time. As grateful as I am for this opportunity, some days, like yesterday, I just want to cry in frustration because I just don't know what I'm doing! I'm not really a bookkeeper!!!


And then there is my son. Who is a good little boy, but has days where he feels the need to SCREAM IN MY FACE for no apparent reason. He is also very busy and has a tendency to crash into things prompting me to consider buying him a helmet...with face mask.


In summary, I am overwhelmed. But I have to say, writing about it makes me feel a whole lot better. Perhaps I'll let someone else handle the dishes today...

No comments:

Post a Comment