Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Since I'm Not Busy Enough Already, I'll Write a Book

So I think I'm going to start a little project. I'm going to call it the "Write-a-Book-Project." It involves, writing a book. The other day I read a blog by a young writer who was self-publishing her own ebooks. That blog linked me to another blog with a middle aged man doing the same thing. And the funny thing was, they were both making money at it. So it got me to thinking, maybe I can make money writing books.

So I did some research and found a website that can help you publish an ebook. It will get them on amazon for you and some other ebook sites. Interesting...very interesting... So then I decided I should buy an ebook and see how it was. (NOTE: I'm not a fan of ebooks. I gave my mom a ton of crap about getting a Kindle for Christmas. I would MUCH rather have an ACTUAL ink and paper book in my hands, BUT, I'm looking into this anyway because it would be a much easier way for me to get from point A to point B.) So I bought an ebook for 99 cents. It's not that good. It's not horrible, but it's very clearly a ripoff from another extremely popular teen series (one which I may have read embarrassingly quickly) this time written by a very young author. (SIDE NOTE: I may be a bit jaded now since the author made me feel incredibly old by referencing Weezer as though they were a "new" band and not one that is having a new surge in popularity 17 years after they actually were a "new" band) This so-so ebook is selling very well for her, and she's actually making money with it.

Again, I can't help but think to myself "Why am I not doing this?" So, I decided I'm going to do it too. The decision is made! Now comes the hard part. I have to write a book. Uggghhhhh

No comments:

Post a Comment