Tuesday, May 3, 2011

What I've Been Doing Since My Last Blog Post

1.  Celebrating Easter with family.  Ben participated in his first Easter egg hunt.  He is super observant and actually found a few on his own...without us placing him one foot away and pointing to the egg...





2.  Started a new book.  I'm reading The Book Thief by Markus Zusak.  It's good, but a bit different from what I've been reading lately.  It's a bit more intense of a read, so I find myself distracted away from reading it.  Usually it's the opposite for me.  When I start a book, I'm completely consumed.  This one, while I really am enjoying it, I'm not consumed by it.  I'm almost done with it though, and then I will have to find something else to read.  (Yes I'm taking suggestions if anyone has any ideas)  I'm afraid it might be time for my yearly reading of Outlander, but maybe only the first (and second?) book this year.  I find I'm missing Jamie and Claire...



3.  Decided it was not too late to start a New Year's Resolution, and resolved to make my bed every day.  Sunday: Success  Monday: Fail  Tuesday: Success  (I think this will take some time to catch on.)

4.  Visited my dad and stepmother on the island for a few days.  Ben and I drove up on Monday, stopped by to visit my Grandmother in Belfast, and stayed until Wednesday morning.  I was able to have a quick visit with my friend Ashley, whom I hadn't seen in ages, and meet my other friend Rachel for lunch!  My Dad and Audrey are doing well and it was really great to hang out with them for a few days and let them enjoy how much Ben has grown up!  He was so good the whole time we were there, but a completely different story when we got home.



5.  Ben's molars are finally coming through the gums.  And we are both still alive.  It's a miracle.

6.  Working.  I've been busy with book work, both at home and at the office, and I've had a couple decent nights at the restaurant too.  Saturday night was karaoke night and apparently everyone in Waterboro turned up to watch.  Which meant the bar was hopping and I made some money...woohoo!  It also meant crazy drunk dancing ladies in the dining room, which was kinda hilarious to watch.  Yay for karaoke!

7.  Not writing.  Unfortunately, since my last blog post, I've not found a minute to write.  Which is rather obvious since I haven't blogged since my last blog.  Duh.  I'm a little disappointed by my April stats.  Only 8 posts all month.  Bleck.  That's terrible!  Only two per week!  I'm going to have to find some more time in May and make myself write.  It's going to be tricky though, since work is going to be getting busier and with the warmer weather Ben and I are outside more and I'm going to be starting a garden.  Oh well, I'll just have to make some time!

And that's what I've been doing since my last blog post.

From My Garden!!

No comments:

Post a Comment