Friday, July 1, 2011

How Many Books?

Since it's the beginning of July, I guess that means that year is about half way over.  When I started my blog, I thought it would be fun to keep track of the books I read during the year.  I started with just a little list on my home page, but realized, as the list kept growing, that I would have to move them to their own page (See Page Here)  Today I tallied them up.  Twenty-three books since the beginning of the year.  To me, that sounds like a rather disappointing number.  Only twenty-three?  But then I thought about it.  That works out to nearly a book a week.  Which I suppose isn't too bad for someone who has a part time job in the evenings, a part time job at home during the day, a one year old to wrestle and a disastrous house to maintain.  And considering the majority of the books I read were well over 500 pages each, I suppose that's not too bad.

So what's on the agenda for the next half of the year?  Beats me.  I still have my library book list, waiting for my husband to make another trip, and thanks to the suggestions from some friends and family, I have even more to add to the list.  I also have the next George RR Martin book to read (so excited!!!), and I'm seriously contemplating an entire re-read of the Harry Potter series in honor of the upcoming release of the last movie.  And I believe Diana Gabaldon will be publishing a Lord John book this fall, which I'm sure I'll read, just for something to do. 

Now if only I could figure out how to get paid for all this reading....

No comments:

Post a Comment