Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Yet Another Garden Update

I've been meaning to do a little garden update for sometime now, and since I have a spare minute (aka Ben is not screaming to sit on my lap or trying to climb out the window) I thought I'd post a few pictures.  Things are looking quite nice, I have mini green beans already, lots of tomatoes and cherry tomatoes, and my cucumbers and peas have flowers on them.  The herbs (with the exception of the basil which was very quickly eaten by some mysterious bug) are all doing well, and even my cantaloupe plant looks nice.  The only uncooperative veggie appears to be my carrots, I think I have a total of 5 growing.  Very disappointing. 

I have been eating the lettuces, and have only a few more heads left.  My thought is to replace them with beets when they are gone.  The heat is a bit too much for the lettuce, but I think the beets would survive well, and since I only like beet greens, not the nasty beets themselves, I only have to grow them long enough for the leaves to grow, and I think I still have plenty of time for that.

So, without further ado, here are the pictures I took Monday of my veggie garden:

Can you see the mini green bean??

 Cucumber Flowers

Beans, Cucumbers, Lettuces, and the empty space where the carrots should be...

Pretty Lettuce

Cherry Tomatoes

My gardens (and my little helper)

1 comment:

  1. Looks FABULOUS !! I tried gardening when the girls were little. You're making me want to give it another shot! :)

    ReplyDelete