Saturday, July 16, 2011

Now What?

Well, I finished my book.  The George RR Martin book six years in the making.  And if he takes another six years to finish the next one, I might just kill him.  That is, unless a heart attack kills him first, which is not unlikely, since he isn't exactly a spring chicken, and the photos of him show him as being a touch on the heavy side.  In any event, I finished the book.  I'm all for cliff hangers, really I am, but I just don't think it's fair to leave one of my favorite characters with a sword in his belly.  Not cool, GRRM, not cool.  Am I supposed to assume he's dead??  I don't think so!  We both know you need him to finish this story, so was it really necessary to leave the book like this?  I'm a touch grumpy.  Six more years, grumph, I hope not.

Next up on the list, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part II.  The plan is to go on Monday with my dear friend Rachel, with whom I have watched the last four or five movies, I think.  At least at the end of this movie there won't be any cliff hangers, I'm still reeling from the fate of, well, I really can't say, because my sister will have a hissy fit if I give it away.  So a movie date Monday, and, in the meantime, I have nothing to do.  No books to read, no plans, not even a baby to watch, since he's gone to his grandmother's for the weekend.  What's a girl to do???

No comments:

Post a Comment