Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year!

There's a few minutes left in 2011 so I thought I would briefly reflect on the past year.

 It was a wonderful year spent with my family, I've been amazed at the changes a year can make in the life of a toddler.  We started the year with a little baby who could stand for three seconds, and ended it with a kiddo with a personality who walks, talks, and (finally) jumps!  Amazing what a difference a year can make for a child.

Jacob graduated high school, which was a big milestone for him and us.  One down, two to go!  With a little luck, 2012 will bring the beginning of Jake's college years and many, many more changes for him.

Marcus was a little overshadowed this year with all the awesome things his little and big brothers achieved this year.  But he is taking drivers ed, and if he's lucky, 2012 will find him with his license and on the road driving.  (Take this as your warning other drivers...)

Don has had a proud year watching his boys grow.  I know he's looking forward to some changes in 2012, and I really hope he can make them all happen.  He's worked hard and it's time for something to change.

As for me, well, I've read a lot, and discovered that I like blogging an awful lot too.  I love being a stay at home mom and watching my son grow.  Everyday (ok almost everyday) I thought about how lucky I am.  I hope 2012 keeps me in such an appreciative state of mind.

As for my resolutions for 2012, I'm making three.

One:  Read more.  My goal is 100 books.  And, more specifically, at least 5 Jane Austen novels (my mini-Austen Challenge) and 5 non-fiction books.  It's not an impossible goal, so I feel pretty confident about reaching them.  And shouldn't resolutions be something you can achieve anyway?

Two:  Write more.  I'm pleased with the amount of blogging I've done the last few months (ok, maybe my Kindle caused a slight disruption, but I'm not going to let that happen again) and I want to keep it up next year as well.  I'm also going to set a goal of writing a few short stories.  I know I can do it, I just need to TRY!

Three:  Well, that one's going to be private.  (Hey, it's my blog, and my resolutions, I don't have to share them all with you!)

Happy New Year!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment