Friday, January 13, 2012

He's Lucky He's Cute...

I love that my son is learning to talk.  It's really great, and super amazing to watch him puzzle things out and put things into little sentences.  I just really wish he'd start to say things like "No thanks, mumma, I would prefer this sippy cup."  Or perhaps "Mumma, I think I need a new diaper, please change me."  Or, "Mumma, would you please read me the Elmo book again?"

Instead, I get "NOOOOOO" (sippy cup flies across kitchen) or "No poop!" (while the surroundings smell like dirty diaper) or the Elmo book thrown in my face while I'm reading.  I also hear "MEEEEEEeeeeeeEEEEEEeeeeeee" all day long about anything and everything Ben wants to do, thinks he should be doing, or wants me to stop doing.

I love my kid, and I know it's going to get worse before it gets better, but seriously, is it that hard to say "Mumma, I'm afraid I dislike this chicken, might I have some extra peas and carrots?"  It's not really that hard Ben, I promise....

No comments:

Post a Comment