Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Not The Day I Planned

Today has been quite a day.  I woke up expecting a nice quiet day at home with Ben to start getting back to a non-holiday schedule, only to discover that, surprise, I'm working tonight.  So, my list of chores that I thought I would have plenty of time to get to had to be rushed through.  Plans for a nice elaborate dinner, after what seems like weeks of leftovers and quick improv meals, had to be scratched as Don will be on his own to cook tonight.  And, while hunting through my purse I discovered an appointment card for a hair appointment TONIGHT.  Oooops!  So with about 1000 apologies I rescheduled my appointment and decided to do the grocery shopping tomorrow.

I hate days like this, when I wake up with plans for one day and find myself thrown into a completely different day.  But, even though this wasn't the day I was planning, I have still managed to get all my chores finished and should be able to squeeze out a few minutes of "Me" time before I head into work.  And better yet, there might even be a few minutes of Mom and Ben art time!

Looks like tomorrow will be our day to get back into our routine.  Thank goodness for tomorrows....

No comments:

Post a Comment