Monday, January 9, 2012

One Down, Four to Go!

I DID IT!!! 

When I decided this year to read 100 books, I wanted to include a few that would challenge me.  I decided to read five Jane Austen novels this year.  They are not challenging in that they make my brain hurt, but the writing style is definitely something that takes some getting used to and is not something I would usually pick up for a "light" read.  But, I am happy to say that I have finished my first Jane Austen novel of the year, Emma. 

It was a slow start.  Very slow.  It took a while to get used to the language, and to be able to sort through all the politeness to find the actual story, but I'm happy to say that once I got into it, I really enjoyed it!  The characters were hilarious and I found myself laughing out loud many times.  But, I also can't tell you how excited I was to finish it so I could move on to something that moves a bit faster.  Since I've got all year to read my five Austens, I think I'll take a little break and read a few "easy" reads before picking up Sense and Sensibility, or Mansfield Park.  A couple of good murder mysteries should clear my head I think...


No comments:

Post a Comment