Saturday, September 17, 2011

Ten Years Later....

So first, I have to say, I was completely flabbergasted by how many people last night said they read my blog.  I had NO idea!  So, um, thanks for reading, fellow GNG high school classmates. 

Last night was really great.  Sam and Aaron did an excellent job organizing a simple, yet classy, shindig.  And while I was a bit saddened by the small turn out of grads, it was nice to get a chance to talk, ever so briefly, to almost everyone that came.  There were a few people I didn't get a chance to talk to, that I really wanted to say hi to, and a few people that I only got a quick "hi" to, but not a chance to actually talk to, that I would have like to have said more to, but not much I can do about that now.

But I did get to see a lot of people that I really enjoyed talking to in high school and haven't been in touch with, aside from on facebook, since.  What fun it was to see people and talk to them and see how much, and how little has changed in the last ten years.  I think what I enjoyed the most was seeing that no matter how different a path someones life may have taken, whether they have become super successful in their career, or have a happy, growing family, or be in the midst of the ups and downs life throws at us, the good parts of them, their smile, or the way they talk, or the way they laugh, or their sense of humor, hasn't changed at all.  There is still that familiar part of all of us that takes us back to who we were, and who we are, and who we will be, when, in another ten years, we get together again.

When we left last night, I think the first words out of my mouth were: "I miss having friends."  And I have some friends now, I'm not a complete loner, but I think I miss the familiarity of those friends I was close to and the easy way that after ten years we can still chat about nothing and anything.


I didn't get many pictures, but this is a nice one Gabrielle posted.

Happy Ten Year Reunion Everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment