Saturday, November 3, 2012

Going For It!

Well, I'm going to make an honest attempt at NaBloPoMo.

(That's National Blog Posting Month for those of you not in the know.  Which I assume is anyone reading my blog.)

The goal is to post a blog every day for the month of November.  Why the hell anyone decided on November is beyond me.  Aside from December, it has to be the busiest month of the year.  But, I managed to do it last year, and I know I felt really proud of myself at the end of the month, and much more confident in my ability to write.  So, here I go again.

I'm not really sure this is going to be possible, so I'm not going to beat myself up if I miss a day here or there, but I am going to try to make an honest effort to at least blog more, even if it's not everyday.

At the moment I have a lot on my plate.  I'm working Monday through Wednesday at my 9-5 job in Portland.  It's not really 9-5.  I don't actually know anyone that works 9-5.  But I'm there 8-4:30, which is close, but not so catchy sounding.  But you get my point.  On Tuesday nights I have class in Wells from 5:30-8.  Thursdays I stay home with Ben and cram in homework for one of my two online classes, then I head to work at the Bar from 5-11ish.  Fridays I generally have off, though occasionally my schedule gets switched up and I end up working at one place or the other.  If I'm not "working" then I'm trying to squish in more homework, more housework, and bookkeeping for my "other" part time job.  Ben's here too, so I'm definitely not relaxing.  Saturdays are usually spent either cleaning or shopping until I head into work at the Bar at 5.  Sundays are usually hit or miss.  Some days I have an extra Bar shift, other Sundays I'm home for the day trying to soak up some family time.  That's usually followed either way with an evening trying to get things ready for the upcoming week.  Menu planning, laundry, baking, cleaning, homework, whatever.

So when I say I'm kinda busy, I'm not kidding.  Hopefully I can force myself to take a few minutes each day to write something, even if it's just a little recap, or something cute my kid did.  I guess we'll see what comes up this month.

Happy NaBloPoMo!

No comments:

Post a Comment