Tuesday, November 6, 2012

I Voted!

Well, I voted today.  To do my civic duty I had to get up at 5am to make it to the polls and then work.  Yikes!  But I'm glad I went.  I'm not a political person.  Not at all.  But voting for the president, and other issues that I feel strongly about, will get me out to vote.

Despite not being political, I will say this: I do feel very strongly that Question One should pass.  The last time this was up for vote I was pregnant.  It was a bit of an eye opener for me that the child I was carrying could be born into a society that might deny him rights for being who he is.  With raging Mommy hormones, I voted to keep gay marriage legal.  It was heart breaking when the law was overturned.  As a result, my son WAS born into a society that would deny him rights should he be gay. 

I wasn't very happy about that and am very glad to see it back on the ballot once again.  I voted Yes on One today.  And if it doesn't pass this year, I will go back and vote the next time it is on the ballot, and the next, and the next, until it passes.

Gay or straight, I want my son, my stepsons, my family, my friends and complete strangers to be able to marry whomever they love.

No comments:

Post a Comment