Wednesday, November 28, 2012

The Lights!

When I was a kid we had a sorta family tradition of riding around the island looking at Christmas lights.  It was never anything formal and not on any certain nights during the holiday season, it was just one of those "Can we go for a ride and see the Christmas lights, pleeeeeeeeeease???" things.  But I really enjoyed it.  Driving around and looking at the lights, counting how many houses we saw, marveling at the time and effort put into decorations.

After we moved off the island when I was in middle school, we didn't do much driving around to look at the lights. 

But now I've got Ben.  In Ben's opinion, Christmas lights are about the best thing on the planet.  Driving home from anywhere he's got his eyes out the window looking for Christmas lights.  And I get to hear things like "Mom, look at the purple lights!" and "Mom, look it's a 'nowman!" and "Mom, look at those pretty lights!" from the backseat.  It's pretty awesome.  I'm really glad he enjoys it, and I'm hoping we can make a few trips out this holiday season just to drive around a look at lights.  Perhaps we can have our own little sorta tradition.

No comments:

Post a Comment