Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!

I have a lot to be thankful for this year.

As always, I am thankful for my family.  Every last one of them! 

We made a lot of changes this year in our family and it seems things have really been working out for us!  I made the decision to go back to school, which prompted an amazing opportunity to start working part-time in the new career field I wanted to take classes in.  And while it's a bit overwhelming at times, and it means not spending as much time with Ben as I had been, I think having the extra income has really made a difference and I know I'm enjoying using my brain again both at work and at school.

We also made the decision to put Ben in daycare this year.  I hate that I can't spend every minute of every day with him, but the changes in him have been amazing to watch this year.  His vocabulary has just exploded and watching him play and communicate with other kids has been awesome.  It's also great to see him show concern and compassion for his friends at daycare.  I'm so glad that he's getting this experience a few days a week in addition to the days each week he stays home with me.

I'm thankful too that my husband was finally given some of the recognition and compensation he deserves at his job this year.  He's worked for a long time at his job and enjoys what he does, and while he struggled for a time over whether or not to find something new, I'm glad that things have worked out for him so he feels comfortable staying there.

We've also had some remarkable changes with the big boys this year too.  Marcus has made a huge turn around in his attitude towards school and life since last year and I am so happy!  His grade are better, his attitude is better and he's even challenging himself with college classes.  And while Jake is still taking his time figuring out this "grown-up" thing, he did make the decision to move out on his own and is learning how go about becoming an independent adult.

So yes, it's been a year of changes, and it seems all of them have been for the best.  And I am so thankful for that. 


And, of course, I am thankful to be a mommy.  Without question, the most amazing thing I have ever and will ever do.

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment