Friday, November 18, 2011

Anniversary Party Success!

So...tired....

The 40th Anniversary Party went amazingly well, but I'm beat.  Everything went very smoothly, between setting up, having enough food, Ben behaving himself, and cleaning up.  We were out of there with 2 minutes to spare!  (I rented a small event room down the street that has pretty strict time guidelines.)

It was really nice to see my in-laws spend time with family and friends and not have to worry about the minutiae that comes with big gatherings.  (What? Did I just use the word minutiae at 9:30 at night?  You can tell I'm tired.)

And I got to bring home a bunch of cake, cupcakes and brownies.  BONUS!

So a big thank you to everyone that attended (not that many will read this, since I highly doubt they even know what a blog is, never mind that I write one) and to everyone that brought food to share.  We couldn't have done it without the help we received from family and friends.

A special thank you to Don's cousin Jennifer who made this AMAZING cake for Bob and Mary Ann:



It was pretty amazing, and tasted just as good as it looked!  So, Happy 40th Anniversary to my in-laws, thank you for setting an amazing example for my family, and may you enjoy another 40 more years together.



1 comment:

  1. I'm glad we got to be a part of it and that the cake went over well! You did a great job putting it all together! :-) I'm sorry I couldn't have stayed longer. Let me know when you plan the party for the next 40, I'd love to help again.
    ;-)

    ReplyDelete