Thursday, November 24, 2011

A Thankful Thanksgiving

I have a lot of things to be thankful for, and I try on a daily basis to remember how lucky I am.  It's hard some days, when bills are piling up, cars are malfunctioning and my son is throwing yet another temper tantrum, to keep things in perspective.  So let me just take a minute to share what I am thankful for today and everyday, whether I remember I'm thankful for it or not.

I'm thankful for my family.  All of it.  Grandparents, parents, step-parents, step-children, step-siblings, my sister, cousins, etc.  I am thankful that I have a large extended family to spend time with because I think family, above everything, is important.  It's what makes us who we are, and influences who we become.  Even as nutty as my family can be at times, I love everyone in it.

I'm thankful for my marriage.  It sounds a little impersonal, I know, I should say I'm thankful for my husband.  And while I am thankful, very thankful for him, I think I can appreciate the difference between having a wonderful husband and a wonderful relationship that we have both worked on.  We've been through a lot together, and I know we will have a lot more to go through, but together I think we can handle an awful lot together, and I am so thankful to know that he has my back and that he loves me (almost) as much as I love him.

I'm thankful for my step-sons.  I've learned a lot from them about life, loving, and raising boys.  They've been patient with me and I've been patient with them (I think) as we've all learned how to get along as life changes.

I'm thankful for my son.  Everyday I am thankful for my son.  He is the best thing I've ever done, and ever will do, and no matter how frustrated I get with him, I can't help but be amazed that he's mine.  I know that there was a chance that I could never have had him, and everyday I am just so thankful that I did. 

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!


Turkey Coma...

No comments:

Post a Comment