Tuesday, November 29, 2011

La-La Bear

Ben and I started unpacking the Christmas decorations today.  Needless to say, the afternoon was filled with "Don't TOUCH that" and "Just LOOK at it."  I think it's going to be a long holiday season.

But the best part of today was bringing up my light up Christmas Bear.  I've had this thing since I was a baby and every year it is the one decoration that I have to have out to make it feel like Christmas.  It's not exactly the most beautiful of decorations, but it's been a part of my Christmas for as long as I can remember, and sharing it with Ben today was a pretty awesome experience.

He was mesmerized by the lights, and since he has just recently learned to say "light" (la-la) and bear (bear) he was able to put words to what he was seeing (la-la bear!), which was pretty amazing as well.  He spent about twenty minutes looking at it, and touching the little light bulbs and trying to be gentle with it.  Fortunately La-la Bear is still intact, and with a little luck, he will remain that way through the holidays.

Sharing my bear with Ben was a pretty great way to start the holidays, and I hope it will be a part of all of his Christmas memories.







No comments:

Post a Comment