Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Now What?

This morning I woke up with a list a mile long of things I wanted to get done today.  Make laundry detergent, clean the house, get some groceries, etc....

Then I checked my email and discovered that as of Friday, I will no longer have a job. 

I'm having a bit of a panic attack at the moment.  I don't make that much money on a weekly basis, but it's enough to keep our heads above water and I don't have to send my son to daycare.  For that, I was thankful.  And I really liked my job, I liked that they worked with my schedule, I liked the owners, I liked my co-workers and I liked my customers.  And I liked that it was less than 15 minutes from my house.

As the initial devastation is wearing off, I'm trying to figure out just what kind of job I want to replace this.  Do I wait tables again?  Do I look for a part time "professional" job and put Ben in daycare?  Can I afford to put Ben in daycare?  I just don't know.

I'm not afraid of a change, I'm just afraid that we're unprepared for change.

No comments:

Post a Comment