Friday, November 25, 2011

Black Friday Zzzzzzs

I knew I would regret Black Friday shopping.  I tried to plan it so I could get as much sleep as possible, but it was still a no-go.  I woke up at midnight and couldn't get back to sleep.  When 3am rolled around I was still awake so I woke Don up and away we went.

To the deserted Wal-Mart and Target in Biddeford.  At 4am, there was no one there.  We both agreed, there were more employees than shoppers, which made our life soooo much easier.  We managed to get all the items on our list, with the exception of one item, and finished both stores in one hour of shopping.  It was very anti-climactic.  But I managed some serious savings on a few items we really wanted to get for Christmas....like over 50% savings on a few items.  Score!

And try as I might today, I have not been able to make up much of my lost sleep.  Which is really too bad, because in about 45 minutes I'm heading to work...for my 5-close shift.  Zzzzzzzz.  I'm usually tired by ten on a normal night, not sure how tonight's going to play out.

But going to work tonight does have one advantage...I don't have to be home when the over tired Benjamin goes into meltdown mode.  A busy Thanksgiving and overnight at Grandma's has left him tired and more than a little grumpy.

With a little luck, we can all sleep in tomorrow morning, and I'm looking forward to that!

No comments:

Post a Comment