Tuesday, November 22, 2011

A Moving Text Message

I didn't have a good day today, and I'm not going to talk about it.

Instead, I'm going to talk about what was perhaps one of the most moving text messages ever sent to my husband from his son.  It said:

"Finished Hunger Games.  Need the next book."

It brought a tear to my eyes.  That's right people, Marcus willingly read all of The Hunger Games AND asked for the next book in the series.  I nearly dropped everything to run to the store to get a copy of the book, but I had a few days before he actually came home from his mom's house, so I picked up a copy Sunday afternoon.  One of the few times I would have been more than willing to pay full price for anything.

If this isn't the best endorsement of The Hunger Games I can give, I'm not sure what would be.  Seriously, would you take a recommendation from a random writer, or a celebrity, or a 16 year old who, 99% of the time, would rather stare at a wall than read??

While I could sit here and list more reasons why you should read the books, I'm in the middle of the last book in the Inheritance series by Christopher Paolini, and I really want to get back to it.....

No comments:

Post a Comment