Tuesday, November 1, 2011

NaBloPoMo

Well, this month is off to a rotten start.  Losing my part time job is a pretty miserable way to start a month, especially a month that happens to contain my birthday.  I've been in a funk all day.  BUT, I went online tonight and discovered that November is National Novel Writing Month.  That sounds pretty awesome, but a bit overwhelming to me.  50,000 words in one month, YIKES!  So I did a little more online messing around and discovered that November is ALSO National Blog Posting Month.  The goal being that you write a blog every day.  I've been pretty good about getting in a few entries a week, but never one a day.

Since I feel like I need something to occupy my mind and help with the overwhelming stress I'm feeling, I decided I'm going to participate...with BOTH of my blogs.  I entered this blog into a contest on blogher.com for daily drawings for prizes, and (possibly) a larger audience through their large website.  So we'll see how that goes.  I'm going to focus on the new website a bit more privately, since I'm still struggling with that one. 

I'm kind of excited, and not sure I can do this, but I'm going to try.  So here's hoping I can come up with something mildly interesting everyday this month...wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment